Dr. Ana Tuyama discusses the symptoms of diarrhea, initial management, how to prevent complications and when to seek medical advice. Dr. Tuyama also goes over the various causes and treatment of diarrhea.
- What defines diarrhea and how it presents
- First things first: what you can do on your own to get better and how to prevent potential complications
- When to seek a medical evaluation and a gastroenterology consultation
- How diarrhea is diagnosed
- Digging deep: understanding the causes of acute vs. chronic diarrhea
- How diarrhea is treated – from dietary modifications to surgery!
- How you can prevent diarrheal illnesses